The Internet is so popular these days amongst so many people. It's an easy, convenient and useful way of communicating with friends, although it also proves useful for many other things such as shopping. Watching some adverts today I realised that nearly every advert had their website mentioned, where you could 'get a free quote' or 'buy online now'. It's almost like the norm now to go online to do something, rather than go to the shop or use the phone.
As for me, I use the Internet mainly for the websites and email. My most visited website would be facebook, and I assume that many other people's will be too! Social networking is popular all over the world, and it's so easy to contact people. It's also really useful for information- whether it's for essays or something random, like finding song lyrics!
Also, I do all my banking online and a lot of online shopping over the internet as it's so convenient. I think the Internet can be dangerous though. I had my card details taken from a fraudulent email, which just shows how easy it can happen- particularly as I'm usually quite cautious of things like that, and i know there will be other people who are much more naive than i am. I think children are also in danger, particularly those who use chat rooms etc. Generally though, I feel the internet allows us to connect with people, for instance, I can still take part in my course, despite being in London- that wouldn't be as easy without the internet!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment