Friday, 6 February 2009

Week 3- Part 2- Analysis of magazine forum 'More Magazine'

Nevertheless, I noticed that many of the ‘stories’ a girl would post seemed to almost brag about things, which I found interesting- maybe the message board is also a place for someone to exaggerate on a story- nobody there can prove them right or wrong-because nobody knows who you are! And it could be a place where you can make yourself sound more interesting and ‘show off’ in front of people. I assume that these types of girls are also mid-teens, as opposed to adults, due to the immature way they framed their sentences.

I assume that the older users of the message board are the ones giving advice. I noticed that usually, the person who started the thread seemed very attention-seeking and immature, whereas the people replying often gave realistic, useful advice, very much like a real-life scenario (a younger person asking an adult for help or advice).

Link to the forum: http://www.moremagazine.co.uk/forum/default.asp

No comments:

Post a Comment